If you wish to submit population data to the YHRD, you need to successfully pass an accepted forensic proficiency test which includes YSTRs (e.g. GEDNAP, GHEP-ISFG, GITAD, CTS, SERI, IQAS or others).
If you have not yet participated in a forensic proficiency test, please see the following links to get started:
When you prepare population data for submission/publication, please make sure you comply with the Updated guidelines on Y-STR Analysis of the International Society for Forensic Genetics - ISFG, The guidelines of the journal International Journal of Legal Medicine - IJLM and the Guidelines of the Journal Forensic Science International:Genetics
You or your lab has to analyze the population samples. It is not possible to submit data of another lab or collected data found somewhere on the internet.
Check you population data using the YHRD Data File Validator and review all failures, errors and warnings.
Please send an email to Lutz Roewer (email@example.com) with the following data and information:
- Your certificate of a passed forensic proficiency test which includes YSTRs (GEDNAP, GHEP-ISFG, GITAD, CTS, SERI, IQAS, YHRD and maybe others)
- In case of already published population data, attach your publication or provide a link
- Information on your population data:
- Corresponding author (and coautors if any)
- Corresponding authors institution, address, email and phone and/or fax number
- Description of the population including geographic positioning (latitude/longitude), language and/or ethnic group if available
- Please provide information/confirmation on non-standard alleles (easily tracked if you are using the YHRD Data File Validator)
You’ll receive an invitation to submit your data by email. Please follow the steps and review all information given there until your file has been uploaded successfully.
As soon as the next release of the YHRD is published, you’ll be notified.
Bugs & Issues
If you feel that you’ve found a bug please first search for similar bugs and in case you didn’t find anything related to your experience please file a bug report. We are happy to receive your proposals of missing and/or new features as well!
Suggestions for Improvement
If you feel that a certain feature is missing or could be improved, please send a detailed email either to Sascha Willuweit (sascha[dot]willuweit[at]charite[dot]de) or to Lutz Roewer (lutz[dot]roewer[at]charite[dot]de) describing your thoughts. We’ll come back to you. But be aware that we’re focusing mostly on forensic users, meaning that fetching observed haplotype frequencies and derived values measuring the rareness is the main purpose here.